About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an IT Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst, you will review specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback. You will create detailed, comprehensive & well-structured test cases and plans. You will prioritize, plan & coordinate testing activities. You will also identify, record, document & track bugs, and communicate with, end-users, testers, software developers, & project managers.
How you'll contribute
- Contribute to planning and implementing standards for Software Quality Assurance
- Collaborate with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met
- Coordinate cross-functional and cross-application work streams toward testing task completion
- Interact with the BA’s, Developers, and PMs to contribute to the delivery of the project schedule by preparing test estimates and test deliverables
- Defect analysis and reporting, prepare test scenarios for the engagement
- Test planning and execution status, defect reporting, and ensure the appropriate escalation of issues
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases based on business requirements and technical specifications
- Perform/Lead manual and automated testing activities supporting integrated systems development teams
- The report, monitor, and respond in a timely manner to the issues reported in the Issue Tracking Tool
- Perform and assist with implementing an overall strategy for system testing using different testing methodology
- Identify potential quality issues per defined process
- Assist vendor/s on various testing engagement as required
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to Development team and/or Project Managers
- Develops and updates QA/Software Testing documentation in an efficient and timely manner according to departmental standards and procedures.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related courses
- With at least 5 years of IT-related work experience
- Well versed in the different testing tools
- Knowledgeable in software quality assurance (SIT, UAT, QA)
- Highly technical and well organized
- Possess leadership skills, communications skills, and writing skills
- Able to elicit business requirements
- Highly dedicated, motivated, pro-active, engaged, and with a strong sense of ownership
- Should be able to work closely with the Bank Technology in the implementation of the Bank's approved projects/initiatives