About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an IT Performance Developer, you will develop, test, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. You will also assist in researching, designing, and documenting software specifications throughout the production life cycle. And you will also provide mentoring, support, and guidance to the junior programmers or peers.
How you'll contribute
- Prepares program specifications based on the design of the technical solutions for complex projects.
- Formulates with the Technical Lead or Team Lead based on the Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) in preparation of Technical Solutions Design (TSD).
- Responds to users reported problem on programs/systems supported and solve the problem immediately
- Collaborates with the Project Working Team by participating in the meetings to assist ITG and Business in the project deliverables.
- Communicates within ITG the loading of patches in the DEV/SIT/UAT environment for testing purposes.
- Presents the system/application functionality to businesses or users by providing a walkthrough to train the users on how to use the system/application.
- Monitors onsite the changes/deployment of his project in Production to avoid incidents impacting the bank business/operations.
- Develop programs assigned by the Technical Lead or Team Lead using appropriate development tools to deliver a system based on the requirements of the business.
- Supports Technical Lead or Team Lead in coordinating with vendors/providers regarding the system plan, design, implementation as well as problem resolution upon implementation.
- Supports the Business Analyst or System Analyst by providing technical analysis in reviewing the business requirements.
- Supports ITG and Business in patch testing or integration testing for hygiene and compliance on patch management.
- Maintains Business As Usual and Change requests as assigned by Technical Lead or Team Lead to support the application or system.
- Supports BCP/DR exercises by participating in the activity to assist ITG and the Business
- Prepares test plan and test scripts and conduct unit testing and integration testing to deliver a quality output program to be turned over for UAT.
- Prepares accurate and on-time Timesheet posting in Esource for accomplishment report
- Prepares report to Technical Lead or Team Lead on status of development tasks for project updates
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related courses
- With at least 3 years of relevant experience in testing, measuring, remediating, or developing the performance of APIs and/or interfaces written in Java
- Well versed in any of the following programming languages: JAVA, Python, PostgreSQL, or as applicable
- Specialized skills like ETL developers, React JS, UI/UX Design, or as applicable. Highly technical and well organized
- Knowledgeable in software quality assurance (SIT, UAT) Coachable,
- Highly dedicated, motivated, proactive, engaged, and with a strong sense of ownership and teamwork.
- Work closely with the Solutions Delivery Project Team Lead /Technical Lead in the implementation of the Bank's approved projects/initiatives