About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are responsible for the environment provisioning, building CI/CD Dev Ops pipeline, deployments into production, and day-to-day application components maintenance tasks.
How you'll contribute
- Develop best-in-class solutions into the PaaS platform to enhance/build-up platform functions’ availability, extensibility, scalability, compatibility, etc.
- Leverage breakthrough IT technologies to build applications, i.e. leverage public cloud like Azure, AWS, and platform solutions like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ELKG.
- Continually review and evolve existing platform architecture to adopt leading IT methodologies i.e. micro-service, container, continuous delivery/deployment, ITIL.
- Design and develop automated processes to maintain, upgrade, test, monitor CI/CD DevOps pipeline for the toolchain (GitLab, Jenkins, TFS, Artifactory, Scanning tools, ALM, uDeploy).
- Provide operations engineering for the DevOps toolchain.
- Work with DevOps Architects to design test environments and production environments for CI/CD tools.
- Leverage own exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn quickly.
- Prepare and perform application configuration changes (including all components)
- Application component installation, configuration, upgrade, and tuning including monitoring and performance metrics definition (components like Apigee, Redis, Memcache, IRM).
- Analyze hardware requirements of new and existing application components, propose and implement infrastructure changes and improvements.
- Day-to-day application components maintenance tasks including log analysis, incident troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Work with the DevOps team to keep Prod configuration in sync with other environments.
- Automate manual repeatable workarounds.
- Participate in new service components onboarding.
- Communicate with vendors of used software products and tools.
- Production issues troubleshooting and resolution, root cause analysis.
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities: daily standup, demo session, retrospective, planning, etc.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years of at least relevant experience
- Bachelor's / College Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors
- Solid hands-on experience with various server operating systems (both MS Windows and Linux families) and standard software commonly used on both platforms
- Solid knowledge of cloud and bare metal server’s infrastructure
- Good fundamentals in Disaster recovery strategy, Performance Optimization, Cluster solution operation, Application Performance Management (Monitoring)
- System Administrator Background
- Experience with Service Desk / Ticketing software. Expected to be able to follow defined ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Basic knowledge of SQL (primary focus – select queries)
- Basic network/bare metal server’s diagnostic knowledge
- Has a basic understanding of one business domain area
- Demonstrate ability to learn and systematize business knowledge
- Good stress tolerance ability
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Active learner who is passionate about technology and keeps up to date with technology changes
- Good communication skills