About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
The Chief Data Officer is responsible for the data architecture, data governance, analytics, data quality, and data
strategy across the entire organization. This person is accountable for leading, managing, training, and motivating the
data governance, data engineering, reporting, analytics, and data strategy teams. He/she is expected to connect said
teams to work on shared business outcomes that are aligned to the overall bank strategy.
This position serves as the overall point-person for data and works with senior leaders to align on the overall data roadmap.
This person is in charge of resourcing and funding for data, planning and managing the initiatives of his/her teams and
ensuring the organization evolves to being a data-driven organization.
How you'll contribute
- Recruits, develops, and manages team members across all teams under his/her wing.
- Ensures each team member has the requisite skills and competencies to excel in the position, is constantly learning, is motivated, and has a clear understanding of career path.
- Connects the dots across the various initiatives in data governance, reporting, engineering, analytics, and strategy to ensure synergies are created and duplication/conflicts are eliminated.
- Works with teams to quantify business value derived from internal and external data along the data lifecycle; prioritization of most important data, working with the BUs, analytics teams, etc.
- Oversees the collection, processing, and prioritization of data-driven business requirements coming from business & IT
- Oversees the governance team in definition and management of policies, standards, and rules around the management of data; ensures business-oriented management of data quality, including monitoring and reporting of data quality as well as data cleansing and root cause analysis
- Works with teams to ensure data dictionary (business and technical metadata) is managed along with conceptual and logical data models
- Works with technology to define and constantly refine target state data platform architecture along w tools and processes to enable data flow and processing
- Oversees the management of methodologies and protocols/procedures around reporting and advanced analytics, including the design and deployment of analytics and AI use cases working with the Business
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Sciences or related field.
- At least 20 years of experience
- Job Specialization is flexible but with experience in managing both back or middle office data teams and front office business teams
- Strong technical background with data, either from an engineering standpoint or analytics standpoint.
- Excellent business acumen; understands meeting business goals is his/her primary purpose and data is simply an enabler for this.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-direction. Quick learning agility, both business and technical.