About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
The Data Engineering Head, in partnership with the bank’s technology team, is responsible for designing the bank’s technical data architecture. He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining data ingestion –both batch and real-time–, data transformation and processing, as well as for analytics platforms. He/she is expected to recruit, develop, and coach various data engineering teams. His/her team will be responsible for combining raw information from different sources to create consistent, structured formats to empower our business, visualization, and data science teams to power both predictive or descriptive analytics use cases.
How you'll contribute
- Recruit, train, and retain a high performing data engineering team with the required technical and business skills; ensure the team has appropriate career pathing and skillsets
- Co-own and develop the bank’s technical data architecture alongside our technology team.
- Create and maintain enterprise-wide data pipelines, storage, and overall data platform
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing jobs/code for greater scalability, etc.
- Liaise with data governance team to ensure data is trusted and accurate
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Plan, provide oversight and drive adoption of bank-wide data strategy in partnership with Data Leaders.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Sciences or related field.
- At least 15 years of experience
- Extensive experience in data pipelines, frameworks, tools, and technologies as well as their use in a business context
- Experience in architecting data lakes, preferably with open source software
- Experience with AWS technologies– Glue, Athena, S3, EMR, etc
- Experience with SQL, Pyspark, and Airflow
- Experience in leading teams in data engineering, including recruiting and training