About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Test Functional Lead, you are responsible for the quality of software development and deployment. You are involved in planning, monitoring, and control of the testing activities and tasks. You will lead the testing effort and/or team to plan, construct and execute release tests. You will apply testing methodologies, principles, and processes to define and implement key metrics to manage and assess the testing process including test execution and defect resolution. You will apply business and functional knowledge to meet the team's overall test objectives. And you will coach and advise testers as required.
How you'll contribute
- Supervise and lead the work of testing in the project team. Assign testing tasks to testers and assist in test execution when required.
- Align with the Test Manager for status reporting and defect management. Work with the Test Manager to the scope and estimate the testing.
- Prepare Requirements Traceability Matrix document, whenever applicable. Produce and maintain testing status documentation and reports.
- Schedule the tests for execution and then monitor, measure, control, and report on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Resolve testing issues and disputes related to the test process and able to explain defects to the project team.
- Propose test cases for automation aligned with the project target automation. Propose improvements on the test process, test automation, and overall improvement of the unit.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology & Services, Banking, Financial Services, or related courses.
- With at least 3 years of testing experience
- Preferably a Certified Tester – ISTQB – CTFL or its equivalent
- With experience in preparing Test plans, Test Strategy, and testing metrics evaluation.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent attention to detail to identify even the most well-hidden bugs.
- Good Documentation skills
- Critica and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of core bl think ranking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Team player and Good time-management skills