About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a IT Data Engineer, you are responsible to analyze source data and wrap it with some metadata, do data transformations (as data type conversion, standardization of data), load it to Data Warehouse in the faster manner and reporting about data load results/issues.
How you'll contribute
- Design, develop and support each layer of ETL solution: extract the data from the various data sources (for example different databases, cloud services, data files, FTP, XML, text files and so on), consolidate and clean up the data.
- Design, develop, support and improvement of DWH model.
- Read, analyze and digest what a business wants to accomplish with its data, and design the best possible ETL process around those goals.
What we’re looking for
- Must be proficient in Spark, Python, SQL, Airflow, AWS Big Data Services (EMR, Lake Formation, Glue), Pandas, Git
- Preferably with experience in Docker, Sonar, PyTest
- 3-5 years experience
- Database design: 2-NF, 3-NF, types of relationships
- Database objects development: tables, views, materialized views, sequences, indexes, alliance/synonyms and etc.
- Indexes: Understanding of internal structure and various index characteristics
- Query execution optimization (Indexes, partitioning, hints)
- Hands-on experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Experience pulling data from a variety of data source types
- Usage of different transformations such as data conversion, lookup, sorting and etc. and create workflow
- Design slowly changing dimensions
- Tool configuration experience: deployment, logging, alerts/notifications and etc.
- Bulk loading, caching, partitioning
- Ability to apply different approaches on practice
- Understanding of DWH basic concepts and usage: knowing modern concepts like Data Vault, differences between OLTP and OLAP systems, DWH-model types and etc
- Experience in development of Data Warehouse for the different systems and reporting groups
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies such as Agile / Waterfall
- Preparation of technical documents, including business requirements, functional and technical Specifications, Data Flow and Process diagrams using certified tools (MS Visio, etc.)
- Basic understanding of agile project processes, Task estimation approaches
- Good communication skills