About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including one of Euromoney's most prestigious industry awards in 2021—Best Bank in the Philippines.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 316 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Database Developer, you will be responsible for developing strategies, managing execution timelines, and ensuring that data infrastructure, project designs, and implementations align with the data architectural vision and data governance standards as defined by the Operations and Analytics Department Lead and Center of Excellence Head. This includes identifying problems, communicating/developing sound solutions, articulating visions, and proactively driving results.
How you'll contribute
- Ensure data security through access management to adhere to bank policies and procedures pertaining to data.
- Deliver key metrics using relevant data-driven analyses to support business users in monitoring and decision making
- Design and develop sound and complex database/reporting solutions, with scalable and sustainable architecture, including archiving and data recovery plans.
- Monitor drivers of revenue growth using data analyses and data/reporting automation to provide insights for revenue optimization and cost minimization.
- Understand the business needs and proactively recommend applicable metrics/dashboards that will enable operational effectiveness.
- Understand the risks and impact of data migration projects to BAU and can plan, manage, and mitigate both BAU and projects without impacting BAU.
- Coordinate with various business units in the bank thru emails, phone calls, and meetings to gain a better understanding of both front and back-end processes.
- Coordinate with Product teams and Marketing teams thru emails, phone calls, and meetings to have a better understanding of the arrays of product offerings of the organization and drive value-added data-driven insights.
- Coordinate with various departments of ITG/Operations/Business thru emails, phone calls, and meetings to gain access to data sources.
- Develop complex integration packages using integration tools (e.g., SSIS/Packages/Jobs) to automate recurring data integration procedures, data transformation, and end-to-end routine reports, incorporating analysis of data availability and job execution timelines and activities.
- Build and maintain data marts/data lake (collection of database tables from a different data source) using database tools and programming languages (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, SAS, Teradata, AWS, R, Python, Powershell Scripting, Active X, ODBC, etc.) to support data needs of various units of the Bank.
- Develop complex performance dashboards and reports using reporting/dashboarding tools (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS, Excel, etc.) to support reporting needs of various units of the Bank, applying end-to-end automation as much as possible.
- Understand the technical as well as the business risks and apply mitigations to ensure minimal impact and business continuity of the process and operations.
- Present insightful reports to key business units through meetings or email correspondence.
- Continuously learn industry-standard techniques and practices, and strategize its applicability to the bank to operationalize.
- Understand the nature of changing landscape of the market, technology, skills, and the ability to adapt current processes and function alongside it.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, or any related field
- At least 5 years' relevant experience preferably in Banking, Credit Card Companies, Financial Technology/Fintech, Information Technology, Insurance, IT Outsourcing Services/ITOS, Telecommunications
- Pieces of training/Certifications on Data Management Systems, specializing in database development i.e. SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Packages, Jobs, Stored Procedures/Function is an advantage.
- Strong in Data Warehouse and Data Marts concepts, Query optimization techniques, and Data Analysis.
- Knowledge in multiple database technologies and disciplines (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, SAS, Teradata, AWS, R, Python, Powershell Scripting, Active X, ODBC, PowerBI, SSRS, SSAS, SSRS, Packages, Jobs, Stored Procedures/Function, Excel).
- With data storytelling skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent presentation skills.
- Proven working background in building data lake and performance dashboards, and strong data migration experience.
- Able to generate datasets for accurate reporting and able to provide relevant and actionable insights; Able to work on several projects at a time