About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Data Governance Metadata Specialist, you will be responsible for maximizing the trustworthiness and usage of data across the business. You will develop and implement a metadata framework. This framework would include identifying trusted sources and describing the information within in order to make it easier to share, integrate, retrieve, consume, and utilize data.
How you'll contribute
- Develops and owns the metadata framework approach for the bank
- Develops and owns the enterprise data dictionary
- Perform metadata activities
- Work with the executive team to prioritize data domains (eg Finance, Treasury, Risk, etc) to be onboarded to the metadata framework
- Partner with fellow functional experts (data quality, reference data, master data specialists, etc) to align and implement data policies, KPIs, and metrics to measure and refine the success of the data governance program
- Partners with fellow functional experts to support as-needed data-related areas of data quality, issue management, and remediation efforts.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Minimum of 4 years experience in data governance specifically metadata
- Must have technical experience on database systems and understands how data flows
- Must have solid communication, presentation, and social skills, especially the ability to explain complex concepts to laymen
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity