About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Trial Lawyer, you will be responsible for representing the Bank, its officers, and employees in cases filed for and on behalf of and/or against the Bank, with the end in view of achieving target collections, prevent losses and mitigate risks and help sustain bank's profitability by lending support to business units
How you'll contribute
- Prepare initially various pleadings such as but not limited to complaints, answers, motions, memoranda, briefs, petitions, affidavits, opinions, and position paper for submission to Litigation Head/Division Head and eventual filing in court/government agencies to ensure that the interest of the Bank/management is upheld while complying with legal requirements
- Render and/or give opinions on the Bank’s problem/legal queries which may be assigned to him/her to provide solution/s based on a legal perspective
- Make direct representations and conferences with the court and administrative personnel and other government officials by personal appearance/visit to their respective offices to be able to follow-up status of cases
- Monitor endorsed cases/accounts to collection agencies/external counsels based on retainer agreement/ bank policy for coordination and centralization of the information/progress
- Initiate, submit, monitor the application of extra-judicial foreclosure of real and chattel mortgages and the auction sales of the mortgaged properties as well as the issuance of its corresponding Certificate of Sale by following the bank’s and court’s protocol/standard operating procedure to ensure compliance and completion of the proceeding.
- Submit/Prepare memoranda, report of status, or summaries of cases/accounts as may be requested by management to guide internal clients on courses of action.
- Supervise the Registration and Enforcement Unit (REU) personnel in assisting the Sheriffs and Police authorities in the actual implementation/enforcement of warrants of arrest, writs of attachments, executions, possessions, injunctions, TRO, etc. with respect to assigned cases Based on court order/ bank policy to affect the favorable decision of the court
- Supervise the filing of pleadings and follow-up status of assigned cases by monitoring and reminding the REU clerks and respective legal assistants to ensure timely and appropriate action.
- Attend hearings and all stages thereof, preliminary investigations at the fiscal’s office, conferences and hearings at the Department of Labor, Securities, and Exchange Commission, and other administrative and quasi-judicial bodies with respect to assigned cases to represent the bank and protect its interest.
- Hold conferences/negotiations with internal clients through appointment or walk-in (subject to the availability) to come up with the best strategy to protect the bank’s interest, as well as meet with the opposing parties/bank clients/borrowers and their lawyers inclined to restructure/amicably settle their accounts/cases.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Legal Management or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Banking, Law/Legal, Leasing/Financing Institutions
- Member of the Bar is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable on law and legal industry in relation to banking/ corporate affairs
- Strong negotiation skills; above-average writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure with little or no supervision; Willing to work overtime and on weekends and holidays when the need arises; sociable, can easily blend and interrelate with his/her co-employees