About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Trade Finance Division Head, you will be responsible for the overall management of the trade solutions (trade services, trade finance and supply chain solutions) business of the Bank in terms of profitability, volumes, KRAs, vision, strategy and people management.
How you'll contribute
- Accountable for the overall strategic direction and implementation of the trade portfolio of products and manages the trade product and sales teams to ensure that they are fit for its stated purpose and distributed and delivered properly to customers.
- Partners and builds strong relationships with the key stakeholders of the bank through strong and effective communication to identify potential trade client segments, manage client needs and ensure delivery of the appropriate trade product solution.
- Manages Trade Finance product through documentation of new and existing Trade Finance products and solutions.
- Manages Trade Sales by driving the Trade Business through innovative sales and marketing strategies to increase client base.
- Manages the P&L of the over-all Trade Finance business of the bank via reporting and monitoring tools to ensure that business objectives and KRA are achieved.
- Manages and grows the Trade business by reviewing the revenue and cost drivers of product performance to determine profitability.
- Devises, owns and implements product plan in conjunction with Trade Product Managers and Sales Managers, taking into account industry and economic information, market intelligence, customer/sector behavior, emerging technology and regulatory requirements to better position Trade Products in the target markets.
- Encourages continuous product and process improvements using process improvement tools and techniques to achieve product excellence for the Bank’s customers.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Marketing, or other related field.
- At least 8-10 years solid experience in business management and sales, as well as product management.
- Must have broad knowledge of Trade Products and understanding of the market and environmental drivers of products.
- Knowledgeable in industry standards e.g. relevant ICC rules.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Good presentation and negotiation skills. Fluent in English with high level oral and written communication skills.
- Fostering and influencing stakeholder relationships with necessary departments and stakeholders responsible for delivering the product proposition (both internal and external). Ability to explain a complex concept concisely and fully – both verbally & literally.
- Able to turn strategic concepts into defined business outcomes. Ability to recognize and make recommendations based on existing or expected market trends.
- Must have a strategic mindset - ability to think laterally, be innovative and find creative solutions.
- Good team player, resourceful, resilient, creative, and collaborative.