About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Documentation Lawyer, you will render legal assistance to the Bank and its subsidiaries on documentation matters to ensure that all transactions are legally sufficient, acceptable, and protective of the institutions
How you'll contribute
- Assist in the documentation needs of the Bank and its subsidiaries by rendering written and verbal legal opinions based on factual and at times, even theoretical situations to support the decision-making of the officers and approvers.
- Draft pro forma as well as customized instruments for the Bank, its subsidiaries, and their respective clientele by customizing legal documents to suit the needs of the user and thereby ensuring its legal sufficiency and appropriateness to the transaction.
- Conduct a legal review of contracts, resolutions, and other legal documents to which the Bank or its subsidiaries is a party or may have an interest using the Bank's own contracts as well current laws as a measure of sufficiency to ensure that the rights of the Bank or its subsidiaries under the contract are duly protected
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree in Law, or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Law/Legal
- Phil. Bar Passer is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Philippine laws, including banking laws.
- With effective communication and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively under time pressure.