About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Automation Specialist, you will support the bank's digitization initiative through the standardization and automation of complex business processes. You will be responsible for mapping the process and requirements, in line with delivering tactical solutions that optimize processes across business functions and technology capabilities with measurable business value. The role will contribute to shaping the solution, as well as building it.
How you'll contribute
- Perform peer reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality.
- Mentor and share best coding practices and standards with peers and other members of the team.
- Contribute to institutionalizing tactical automation across the bank. Ensure the automation development lifecycle is aligned to the established operational model, incident management, automation governance, development and testing standards, and deployment model.
- Prepare the required documentation, including test scripts, approval, and training materials for the users to ensure a smooth transition.
- Drive complex process reengineering efforts to transform certain business areas.
- Proactively look for complicated processes to automate, applying the best possible solution, leveraging on the applicable platform, that will yield higher benefit and efficiency.
- Collaborate with business operations to understand, map, and gather the requirement of the current process and propose new business processes, in line with the introduction of an automated process.
- Collect, measure, and quantify benefits and other metrics.
- Scope and manage own projects independently, from end-to-end, in line with the automation governance and lifecycle framework.
- Interact with business operations SMEs and IT Infrastructure personnel as necessary regarding application availability and project-related information.
- Apply a hybrid methodology of agile and waterfall approach depending on the scope of the project.
- Develop complex automation or workflow solutions by leveraging different platforms, appropriate for a specific process.
- Demonstrate expertise in robotics and automation by transforming the complex process into straight-through solutions using technologies like Excel Macro, Sharepoint, PowerApps, PowerAutomate, MS Access, SQL Server, etc.
- Understand the technical as well as the business risks and apply mitigations, including audit trail and version control, to ensure minimal impact and business continuity of the process and operations.
- Oversee any kinds of testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end (business process) testing, and user acceptance testing before the implementation/deployment of BOTs into the production environment.
- Regularly check on the performance of the automation tools to ensure 100% uptime.
- Embed controls, error handling, and version controls on all developed and managed automation.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field.
- At least 5 years experience in Banking, Financial Technology/Fintech, Information Technology
- Certification in Project Management or Scrum Framework Training, Lean Six Sigma training is an advantage.
- With extensive experience working with Excel Macro (VBA), Sharepoint or Microsoft Flow, ActiveX Terminal Emulator, etc. Has an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications and has experience in other coding practices (such as VBA, SQL, HTML, C#, Java, .Net, Shell Scripting);
- With strong process orientation and analytical/problem-solving skills including the ability to interpret and clarify technical issues
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly motivated and resilient, able to adapt to change;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze process flows and perform technical analysis
- Proactive and creative problem solver; Self-starter, ability to proactively push for clarity where ambiguity resides