About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an IT Audit Manager, you will assist the Application Systems & Thematic Audit Department Head in ensuring that the activities of the Unit are aligned with the goal of delivering an independent, objective assurance and consultancy services to improve the effectiveness of the governance processes, risk management and internal controls related to the application systems of the SBC group (post-implementation audit).
How you'll contribute
- Collaborate with the Division Head and/or Department Head in ensuring completion of the annual risk-based audit plan of the Department or Unit.
- Ensure competency of personnel assigned per audit engagements.
- Ensure compliance with Internal policies, Audit standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely reporting or elevation of critical matters or concerns to Audit Management.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of draft audit reports.
- Review working papers and completeness of scope and compliance with Audit Quality Assurance Standards.
- Ensure alignment and relevance of audit recommendations with noted audit issues.
- Directly oversee the engagement activities and provide close supervision and guidance to audit personnel whenever necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong coordination and relationship with audit clients with regard to the audit engagement and resolution of audit issues.
- Perform review of highly sensitive or critical accounts/processes whenever necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking
- Must have at least 5 years experience in Accounting/Audit/Tax Services, Banking, Information Technology, Leasing/Financing Institutions
- With extensive experience in particularly in assigned responsibility (Department).managing people and Internal Audit
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Good understanding of banking operations and governing laws and regulations on the areas being assigned.
- With experience in handling systems audit and/or general IT controls review.