About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statista, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Collections Officer, you will perform collection activities through outbound communication efforts via the bank’s devices and document all transactions into the collections system for loans or credit card products. The purpose of this role is to collect due amounts and ensure client information in the database is accurate and up to date.
How you'll contribute
- Perform collections callouts and emails according to the collections workflow using the bank’s collections system.
- Review client information before and during calls using the collections system and other resources provided by the department.
- Answer client questions and provide support in resolving complaints, concerns, and issues.
- Communicate with clients or related parties with the main goal of collecting promises to pay (PTP) and ensure accurate documentation of all transaction information into the collections system.
- Update database with all newly acquired client information (phone, address, employer, etc.) in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensure that all communication with the client is conducted in a professional and respectful manner.
- Monitor and reach the yearly and monthly KPIs (Number of connected calls daily, Number of PTPs collected daily, Number of kPTPs daily, Cash collected from target (team KPI), % of kPTP out of all connects, Call-Quality (per methodology of QA)).
- Escalate qualifying cases to their Team Leader for resolution (special cases, calls unable to be handled in a certain amount of time, etc.).
- Prepare recommendation of accounts for endorsement to other Teams as an escalation measure (skip tracing, field visits, legal, etc.) according to escalation guidelines, in order to reach the client and secure payment.
- Initiate probing of clients by endorsing accounts for internet probing, skip tracing, or field visits according to escalation guidelines, to ensure immediate contact and knowledge of client’s whereabouts.
- Prepare and recommend endorsement of accounts for legal processing according to guidelines, to secure payments from clients that refuse to settle in the regular collections process.
- Recommend payment arrangement using the approved Risk Mitigation Program to provide assistance to clients with financial difficulties.
- Handle verification and coordination of bank account details for Hold-Out release and application/application of assignment by sending an email to SBC Branch, to comply with Credit Cards Terms and Conditions.
- Recommend adjustments/reversal on accounts through emails and the collections system to clean up the accounts of clients that have fully settled, or to comply with the process where the client has availed, in compliance with the collections process.
- Process request for a change in credit card status
- May be assigned other tasks to support the Unit (temporary assignment to inbound calling, skip tracing verification, etc.).
What we’re looking for
- With 3 years of experience in Collections
- Should have excellent decision making, negotiating, and communication skills
- Must be willing to work on shifting schedule