About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
- Review the Functional Specification (FSD) and prepare Technical Design (TSD) of systems for development.
- Review Business Requirement (BRD) to provide high level estimates (timeline and cost).
- Review and approve the release of the audit requests for specific project/s.
- Assist the System Analyst in reviewing the BRD to ensure accurate assessment on business requirements.
- Coordinate with Vendor Manager for RFI and RFP, attend vendor presentations and POCs and prepare the MEP.
- Develop project plans with Solution Delivery Technical Lead based on the requirements of the business to be able to complete project
- Ensures system is up-to-date with latest technology to be able to keep up with the constant changes in the business requirments
- Update assigned projects in the required Project Management and Reporting tools regularly to properly monitor the status of the project.
- Provide 24/7 production support for Major Incidents and work with the Technical Lead on the RCA to ensure that all systems are running.
- Provide 24/7 production Support for Bank Wide impacting changes/deployments to ensure that systems implementation is executed with excellence.
- Code programs based on program specification to create application inline with the requirements and needs of the business.
- Perform source code review to ensure that all security and programming standards are applied.
- Conduct performance tuning.
- Leads project meetings with users and analysts to discuss schedules, raise problems, questions and concerns to the requirements of the business unit.
- Ensures accurate and on-time Timesheet posting to properly account and document activities and assigned tasks.
- Represent the Solution Delivery Technical Lead in user meetings; act as officer-in-charge in his/her absence to ensure continuous operation.
- Assist in the Monthly Business Review (MBR) presentation by providing project updates to be able to provide up-to-date status update.
- Manage the user reported problems and ensure these are resolved by the developers/vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors/providers the system plan, design, implementation as well as problem resolution upon implementation
- Ensure the Patch Inventory is updated, Monitor the status of the Patch Testing, and prepare Risk Assessment.
- Assist the BCP Coordinator in the preparation of the Application related to BCP/DR requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of work experience as a developer.
- Knowledgeable in SDLC, project methodology and software quality assurance (SIT, UAT, QA)
- Substantial skills in Programming (RPG/.Net/Java), Operating System (Unix/Windows), and Databases (MS SQL/Oracle). Familiar with banking applications/systems.
- Considerable leadership, problem solving / analytical, process improvement, risk management, communication/collaboration, negotiation, systems design, presentation, documentation and writing skills. Highly dedicated, motivated, pro-active, engaged, and with strong sense of ownership.