About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Financial Audit Officer, you will evaluate new and existing processes and procedures of the Division to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness. Reviews new products and services of the Bank and monitor its performance and effectiveness. Identifies solutions to business and implements issues identified.
How you'll contribute
- Conduct review of processes and procedures through inquiry and process walkthrough to identify issues and gaps.
- Formulate viable solutions or improvements to processes/implementation by understanding the root cause of identified issues/available information/systems to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review formulated policies, procedures, and process flow of the Bank’s new/variant products and services by understanding their objectives, process, controls, profitability, and market trends to provide customers with competitive products and services.
- Build a productive work relationship with process owners by effectively attending and meeting their needs to ensure smooth conduct of review engagements
- Communicate issues and gaps to process owners through meetings, over the phone or email, to ensure timely resolution of issues and gaps.
- Develop official standard templates and forms using Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word or Excel) to help achieve or enhance workflows.
- Maintain a copy of the documentation of projects handled in a central database to ensure that work is properly documented.
- Plans the review of processes and procedures by coordinating with concerned units to determine an appropriate timeline and minimize work disruptions.
- Conduct independent validation of Profit and Loss (P&L) of marketing programs and promos by comparing commitments to actual results to ensure reliability and accuracy of results.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field
- Have at least 3 years experience in Audit & Taxation, Banking and Financial, Process Design & Control
- Preferably with Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification / Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Has knowledge in accounting standards, banking operations, regulations and products, and project management tools.
- Effective interviewing and negotiation skills; conflict resolution, problem-solving skills; analytical and strong organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with all units within the Fincon Division; keen on details