About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Classrooms Project Officer, you will handle the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Security Bank Foundation’s “Build a School, Build a Nation: The Classrooms Project”. You will also help grow the portfolio of education projects by developing and implementing new initiatives that will maximize the involvement of employees, Bank clients, and other strategic community partners.
How you’ll contribute
- Recommends areas and beneficiary schools for classrooms construction by working with Department of Education Division Offices, Local Government Units, and Security Bank branch personnel
- Prepares and conducts coordination meetings with community partners for approved Classrooms Project sites
- Prepares and finalizes project documents (i.e., Memorandum of Agreement, Deed of Donation and Acceptance, and Certificates of Existence of Project) and ensures timely execution
- Ensures that pre-construction requirements such as building permits, performance bond, construction all-risk insurance, and work schedule are compiled prior to commencement of construction
- Facilitates timely release of payments to contractors/ suppliers by filing disbursement requests supported by complete documentary and progress reports as well as ensuring that disbursement requests are within budget
- Monitors ongoing classrooms by analyzing status reports and communicating with stakeholders for resolution of project issues (if any)
- Maintains program database of outputs, outcomes, and impact indicators as well as prepares evaluation reports
- Organizes turnover events of classrooms constructed by mobilizing internal and external stakeholders to undertake the event activities and provide resources needed
- Writes press releases for completed projects and develops other project-related communication initiatives
- Develops and implements other projects for the public school system in alignment and partnership with the Department of Education while maximizing employee, client, and community partners’ engagement
- Compiles and submits Adopt a School Tax Incentive documentations for eligible education projects completed
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Engineering or Social Science/Development Work-Related Courses
- Must have three (3) years of experience in project management
- Knowledge of fundamental project management concepts, processes, tools, and techniques as applied to social development and infrastructure projects
- Experience in events management
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with government and private sectors
- Analytical, detail and process-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, specifically in English
- Strong data, document, and financial management skills
- Willing to travel in different parts of the country and work on Saturdays, if necessary
- Able to work with minimal supervision