About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an Appraiser for the Retail Credit Operations Division, you will perform inspection, research, and prepare appraisal reports of inspected properties. You will also be responsible for providing assistance to the Team Head in monitoring appraisal requests and training new appraisers from time to time.
How you'll contribute
- Conduct a physical inspection of the property and verify related documents with various government agencies for the purpose of establishing rightful ownership of the property, the authenticity of the title provided, legal impediments and encumbrances, and desirability of the property as collateral particularly in terms of marketability and acceptability.
- Prepare an evaluation of building or developmental projects applied for bank financing. Periodic project monitoring (as assigned) shall also be undertaken per the request of Account Officers to ascertain the progress of the construction.
- Prepare appraisal report in accordance with established bank guidelines and appraisal standards within prescribed TAT and submits appraisal reports to authorized approvers.
- Coordinate with the client, as necessary for appointment in coordination with the account officer on the scheduling of inspection.
- Assist the Team Head in ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and that controls are in place in delivering the credit function.
- Collate all relevant data gathered during field inspection including price research from peer banks, published materials, internal price database, opinion from real estate practitioners, sales either for real estate or chattel and price information that can be obtained from Internet sources.
- Assist the Team Head in managing the day-to-day operations of the unit and ensuring compliance with the Credit Operations Manual.
- Execute the Credit Operations Manual and Credit Appraisal Operations Manual in the performance of assigned tasks such as but not limited to: Asset/Property and Collateral Inspection and Valuation, Developer's Project Accreditation as well as Title Verification.
- Assist the Team Head in ensuring compliance to the set standards/parameters and that processes implemented conforms with the approved policy and program guidelines and in recommending necessary amendments/enhancement thereon.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical
- Preferably a Licensed or Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- At least 3 years experience in Real Estate
- Knowledge of the Appraisal Process, Office Management, MS Office Applications
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
- Have effective negotiation and time management skills.