About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As Systems Administrator, you will manage the VM, Storage, and Backup Infrastructure of SB Finance. Ensure that all systems are available and optimal. Also, to think of ways to enhance the current technology and processes by proposing and implementing new technologies and trends in the IT industry.
How you'll contribute
- Install and configure hardware and software component of a system as indicated in the design document to support new business requirements
- Manages unit-initiate initiatives such as maintenance and enhancement-related projects to ensure coherence and progress updates to management.
- Propose and participate in the infrastructure and system design based on the business requirement to ensure correctness and adeptness to the latest trends and technology.
- Monitor, analyze, and report systems and servers using the different available monitoring tools to ensure systems availability and forecast future capacity usage.
- Deploy systems and server patches as indicates in the different vendor patch advisories to prevent system downtime due to virus and malware attacks.
- monitor and report backup status and completeness using the system backup solution to ensure availability of backup in case of system crashes and investigation.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and availability of documents i.e. reports, metrics and inventories to be used in regulatory capacity management and business analysis.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or any related field
- Over 2-3 years of working experience as a systems/application manager for banking systems and applications
- Knowledgeable in server installation, configuration, and hardening.
- Experience in using Active Directory, Windows Server, Linux, and/or Unix Operating Systems
- Experience in administering an enterprise backup solution and SAN storage environment.
- Experience with implementation projects
- In-depth analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Resourceful and can collaborate with different IT groups during problem resolution and incident handling.