About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As Merchant Management Lead, you are responsible for the growth of SB Finance 2-in-1 product from merchant solicitation, onboarding to implementation acceptance to strengthen merchant relationship through the entire merchant life cycle. Responsible to offer up-to-date solutions and processes but not limited to traditional POS acceptance, loyalty, closed-loop, and digital payment platforms that will translate billings and revenue. Responsible for ensuring onboarding target number of off-line and Online merchant stores
How you'll contribute
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to Merchant Management team members to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures, and staff are in place to successfully support SB Finance initiatives and volume targets while establishing and nurturing relationships with merchants, regulatory bodies, and both external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a cost-effective strategy for Security SB Finance with third-party service providers.
- Move market position upward.
- Conduct training and orientation to acquiring team and merchants with up-to-date solutions, fraud awareness, basic solutions troubleshooting, and other matters related to merchants from frontend to back end.
- Coordinate with regulatory bodies from time to time to ensure that compliance of all projects and initiatives are in place.
- Coordinate with different internal business units to ensure all projects are cascaded properly prior to launch and all concerns must be address based on the agreed SLA.
- Participate in System Integration Test (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of all SB Finance initiatives that has an impact on Acquiring business.
- Manage external service providers to achieve win-win negotiations.
- Overseeing front end and back end of all systems related to Acquiring business.
- Manage own merchant accounts from solicitation to acceptance implementations to maintaining relationships.
- All other things may be assigned from time to time.
What we’re looking for
- At least 10 years of marketing and sales experience in banking, FI, or insurance, etc., or at least 5 years in merchant management
- A graduate of Marketing, Business or any relevant course
- Proven expertise in marketing and sales in several financial products and services
- Must be strategic, analytical with strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good leadership and people management skills