About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Finance Specialist, you will provide support in building up capabilities of the function through accurate, complete, and timely submission of agreed deliverables.
How you'll contribute
- Accurate and timely preparation of SBF and KS financial statements and related schedules
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and year-end closing requirements
- Subsidiary Ledger accounting and reconciliation
- Ensures compliance with process manuals and to applicable regulatory/ audit/ compliance standards by keeping abreast of them to prevent audit findings
- Maintains process manuals by updating them on a timely basis to manage operational risk
- Process documentation, simplification standardization
- National and local tax accounting, e-filing and e-payments
- Statutory filings, including SEC, BSP, etc.
- Ensures no tax penalties and assessments.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Accountancy/Finance or any related field
- At least 2 yrs relevant experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
- Involved in management reporting and complying with audit requirements
- Experience in preparing audited financials, tax, and statutory compliance
- Strong analytical and computer skills including Excel
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge in using the ERP system. Knowledge of Oracle is an advantage but not required
- Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines; Able to digest and simplify technical information and have effective discussions or make effective presentations on it; Keen to details and notices discrepancies/ inconsistencies/ abnormal trends/ illogicalities
- Banking experience is a plus
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multi-tasks and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Committed, passionate, dependable, versatile, and results-oriented in a fast pace environment