About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As an IT - Network Security Engineer you are responsible for the implementation of a secure topology by responsible administration of security systems, monitoring of the company network for suspicious movement, and enforcing of adequate security measures in the company network.
How you'll contribute
- Manages firewall and network security systems by establishing and enforcing approved policies
- Analyzes network security requirements and implement perimeters security changes
- Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning as necessary
- Implements best practices for security
- Ensures all endpoints are properly configured and up-to-date
- Performs Malware and SPAM detection
- Ensures all ATMs are protected by SCSP policies
- Ensures distribution of workloads across the internet is properly implemented
- Ensures compliance of network security controls all connected electronic devices
- Conducts review of detected attempts and violations in the company network using current monitoring tools
- Performs appropriate security response for identified abnormalities/violations in the network
- Leads and supports implementation and deployment of new or enhanced security systems or technologies
- Implements network security controls if needed during infrastructure or system activities concerning other IT projects
- Maintains quality service by following IT policies and security baselines
- Provides first-level support and troubleshooting any second level escalation regarding issues in network security
- Maintains and updates inventory layout of security systems in the network for troubleshooting and audit
- Enterprise firewall experience – knowledgeable in configuring and managing enterprise firewalls as well as gateway devices
- Communication skills - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively all network security issues to colleagues and to management
- Adaptability – network security engineers in most cases, comfortably working in a matrixed IT environment which requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Problem-solving skills – Able to handle Network Security incidents at any given time and expected to perform research, escalate, and resolve issues effectively
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related courses
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in Network security; CISCO, and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications preferred
- Knowledge of troubleshooting different network devices (i.e. firewall, web filtering, anti-virus, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Must have complex problem-solving abilities and creative minds.
- Able to analyze possible threats in the network, create plans on how to further secure the network
- Keeps up-to-date on the latest security threats and technology