About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Compliance Officer, you are responsible to oversee and coordinate the implementation of the compliance system, and likewise the identification, monitoring, and control of compliance and business risks. Keeps senior management of SB Finance Company, Inc. (SBFC) informed of new regulations and their impact on the business and operations of the company. Acts as a central point of contact of regulatory agencies. Acts as the lead implementor of the company’s Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Program (MLPP). Updates and monitors implementation of the Corporate Governance Manual.
How you will contribute
- Acts as business enabler and partner with appropriate stakeholders to achieve the Bank’s business objectives.
- Attends to major and critical regulatory issues and concerns affecting the company’s operations and makes necessary recommendations to resolve various regulatory concerns/issues affecting the Company.
- Assists in the formulation of replies to cited exceptions by the regulatory agencies such as BSP and SEC.
- Monitors and ensures immediate resolution of audit findings.
- Acts as liaison personnel and maintains harmonious relationships between SBFC and regulatory agencies such as SEC and BSP.
- Improves unit’s overall operations through effective and smarter use of technology and data to perform real-time monitoring and to pre-empt occurrence of compliance issues.
- Ensures that SBFC’s Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Program (MLPP) is updated and consistent with the MLPP of the Parent Bank.
- Conducts periodic compliance checking through sample testing and review of audit reports which covers the on-time and accurate submission of CTR and STR, proper implementation of KYC and customer due diligence, and effective record-keeping and retention system.
- Participates in the regular review and updating of the Parent Bank’s AMLA reporting system to ensure conformity of SBFC’s CTR and STR reporting policies/procedures with AMLC and BSP rules and regulations.
- Maintains and ensures implementation of updated manuals as prescribed by BSP, SEC, and AMLC such as but not limited to MLPP, Corporate Governance Manual, Compliance Manual, and company operations manual.
- Prepares and submits Quarterly Compliance Report to the Corporate Governance Committee, to include among others, escalation and immediate resolution of issues disclosed during compliance testing and major implications of new regulations.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management/Finance/Accounting/Banking
- Should have at least 7 years relevant experience in Banking, Credit Card Companies, Financial Technology/Fintech, Insurance, Investment Houses, Leasing/Financing Institutions
- Familiarity with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules. Knowledgeable on Risk Management
- Above average oral and written communication skills. Policy and report writing skills. Good interpersonal skills. Analytical and critical thinking skills. Investigation/auditing skills.
- Able to interpret rules and regulations. Able to provide sound advice to business units. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior management and external regulatory agencies. Keen to details