About Security Bank
We are the Philippines’ largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years including the most prestigious industry award in both 2015 and 2016—the Bank of the Year – Philippines by The Banker.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300 branches spanning the country, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As Risk Analytics Manager you will assess and manage end-to-end credit risk on the acquisition and portfolio quality as well as risk mitigation strategies under SBF to support business growth and initiatives in line with business risk appetite. Develop and implement credit risk underwriting, reserve, and related policies, and ensure implementation in compliance with policy, law, and regulation.
Supervise credit risk analyst; Oversee underwriting and collection units, outsourced from SB Finance
- Develop and review early warning triggers in line with risk appetite for both new acquisition and portfolio and ensure periodic validation of the trigger for optimal profitability through the economic cycle
- Monitor and review monthly performance reports against triggers and ensure key performance alerts well addressed, recommend, and implement risk actions to improve performance and/or opportunity for business growth while maintaining sound credit risk quality; Ensure timely submission of the report required by Krungsri group/MUFG.
- Work with Collection to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies/programs
- Perform loss forecasting for the operating plan (OP) to ensure risk profile and business strategy reflected in the projection and monitor the trend and actual performance against the plan
- Ensure timely and accurate reserve recommendation in compliance with reserve policy and regulation, monitor reserve trend, and ensure reserve adequacy validated against recent performance and thru the economic cycle
- Develop and implement credit scoring for new acquisition including the development of score/decision tree model, cut off analysis, implement on the system, and monitor distribution, loss, and profitability by segment
- Develop and implement change to credit risk policies of all portfolio under the entity, including underwriting policies, dealer & merchant policies, transactional approval authorities, review analysis of impact & quality of policy changes, discuss the proposal with related functions & management for approval, communicate changes before launching to relevant parties, ensure proper implementation via system user acceptance test and ensure impact and result of changes closely monitored
- Implement the risk strategy to support business growth
- Identify eligible criteria for new product/segment including loss projection benchmarked with a similar profile
- Develop policy and process in relation to risk management
- Prepare business requirement and UAT for system enhancement
- Prepare performance/result tracking against the trigger
- Involve in internal and external auditors on credit risk & compliance issues, work with related functions to implement corrective actions to close audit issue, and report progress to senior management
- Supervise, train, and guide credit risk analyst on credit risk management
- Regularly monitor policy discrepancy among products on a regular basis. Coordinate with a cross-functional team including business & operations on implementing policies, process, and control mechanism to improve productivity and effectiveness
- Ensure risk governance framework approved by the board of directors and risk management policies & program properly executed
- Oversee the credit underwriting and collection, outsourced to SBC
- Performs other related tasks which may be assigned from time to time
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or any related courses
- Should have at least 7 years relevant experience in the banking, credit card companies, leasing/financing Institutions
- Database and Data Warehouse knowledge and experience with data tools – SAS, SQL
- Strong analytical skill and logical thinking
- Advanced computer skill especially Microsoft Excel
- Presentation and communication skill
- Managerial and people skill