We’re a robotics company operating in stealth mode and pursuing a moonshot objective with positive environmental and social impact. Our team includes founders with past success and engineers who have shipped millions of products, and we’re backed by amazing top-tier investors.
About the Role
In this role, you'll be a strategic partner to the CTO, working closely with all of our engineering leaders to define technical direction, to manage team operations, and to ensure timely delivery and engineering excellence. You'll gain significant exposure to our executive team and senior leaders while observing the business from a unique vantage point. You'll have the authority to drive key programs and process improvements to make sure that each day, the engineering organization is operating better than the day before.
If owning fast-paced strategic priorities, tackling operational challenges, and enabling innovation sounds like fun, come take the lead to help us bring a completely new technology to market!
- Serve as a central point of communication, coordination, and information flow for the engineering organization.
- Work directly with the executive team, providing strategic counsel and helping to drive key company priorities, acting as proxy for the CTO when relevant.
- Solve complex problems using both business and technical knowledge.
- Lead key strategic projects as they emerge.
- Organize and run effective engineering meetings – plan agendas, prepare briefs, manage discussions, document key information and action items, and follow up to drive toward milestones.
- Collaborate with engineering staff to ensure systems and processes are adding value, removing obstacles that prevent them from doing their best work.
- Synthesize complex technical information and strategic insights into clear summaries of considerations, enabling well-informed decision making throughout the organization.
- Ensure executive involvement in decisions takes place at key times, when input and authority are most needed.
- Monitor and guide prioritization across the engineering organization.
- Help identify metrics for success and evaluate progress against them.
- Anticipate risks and implement contingency plans to prevent disruptions.
- Build relationships, influence outcomes, and maintain momentum.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ Years in a high-growth technology organization strongly preferred
- Technical education in engineering or related field; MBA/MS or equivalent operating experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey ideas to colleagues at all levels of experience and technical acumen
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, with the interpersonal capability to ensure solutions are adopted and implemented
- Experience driving projects from conception to completion
- High level of comfort working with senior hardware and software engineers
- Passion for building scalable processes in a high-growth, constantly changing environment
- Entrepreneurial drive and a willingness to roll up sleeves, work behind the scenes, and directly solve challenging problems
Benefits of Working With Us
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave policy
- Short/Long term disability and life insurance
- Subsidized MBTA pass
Where You’ll Work
Due to the nature of the job, we expect the majority of your working time to be spent in our office and R&D headquarters located in Allston, MA, close to MBTA Bus Routes, Boston Landing Commuter Rail Station, and the B Branch of the Green Line, and with free on-site parking. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. We make hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs, and we encourage you to apply!