We’re a robotics company operating in stealth mode and pursuing a moonshot objective with positive environmental and social impact. Our team includes founders with past success and engineers who have shipped millions of products, and we’re backed by amazing top-tier investors.
About the Role:
Come build out our Manufacturing Operations as our first Manufacturing Engineering hire!
We make large robots and other associated machinery here in Massachusetts, sourcing parts and components both locally and around the world. As we gear up to make many more robots, we’re looking for a hands-on leader to establish our manufacturing & assembly function --- owning and improving our efficiency and economics as we deploy & scale our organization & operation.
To succeed in this role, you'll work with design engineers to reduce capital costs, improve yields, and speed up assembly times without sacrificing existing functionality.
What you'll bring to our team of talented and experienced engineers is your broad knowledge of fabrication processes (encompassing a range of part sizes from small to very large), your experience working with suppliers and contract manufacturers, and of course, your creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Identify, select, and qualify external suppliers and contract manufacturers (includes some future travel to domestic and foreign facilities).
- Work with a team to establish new in-house fabrication capabilities.
- Kick off a program for scaling toward production and assembly runs in the tens of thousands.
- Apply your creativity to an exciting robotics problem that has never before been solved in a factory setting!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Technical education in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working with finding, vending contract manufacturers and/or working with remote manufacturing facilities
- Familiarity with PLM and ERP systems. Experience creating manufacturing documentation such as work instructions, test procedures, quality issue reports, etc.
- CAD proficiency, including ability to create parametric solid models and drawings in Creo, Solidworks, or similar
- Hands-on experience working with design engineers to optimize product manufacturability in mediums such as:
- sheet metal forming
- metal castings
- welded metal assemblies
- metal spinning
- polymer forming processes (vacuum forming and injection molding)
Benefits of Working with Us:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave policy
- Short/Long term disability and life insurance
- Subsidized MBTA pass
Where You’ll Work:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. We make hiring decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs, and we encourage you to apply!