Our FP&A function leverages its understanding of trading drivers, financial models and stakeholder expectations to create forward looking plans against which the business measures its performance. If you have a strong accountancy and financial planning background and are comfortable in a fast changing environment we would love to hear from you!
Secret Escapes is one of the world’s leading members-only, online travel deals companies, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 60 million members worldwide. Operating in 10 countries across Europe, Secret Escapes continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Secret Escapes operates a flexible working policy and we are all in the office 1 day a week (minimum) and have core hours of 10am-4pm (you can make up the other hours to suit you). In keeping with being an inspirational travel brand, we also have a ‘Work from Anywhere’ policy, so you can work from anywhere in the world for up to a month each year!
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we’re good people (even if we do say so ourselves!).
About the team
The FP&A function leverages its understanding of trading drivers, financial models and stakeholder expectations to create forward looking plans against which the business measures its performance.
We use clear, insightful reporting and have ownership of the trading and financial narrative for internal and external audiences are also key outputs.
Things you’ll be working on
- Support annual planning and quarterly forecasting process, including updates and maintenance of financial planning models
- Interpret and analyse financial performance and underlying commercial/ strategic drivers to support planning assumptions
- Lead on the forecasting and reporting of staff costs and maintaining data integrity with our people team (HR)
- Business partnering with CPO (our people team) and CCO (our customer division) on investment proposals
- Support on the month end Flash reporting process specifically around Revenue, Cancellation provision, staff and non staff costs.
- Support on monthly reconciliations between BI sources (Tableau) and Management Accounts, understanding accounting adjustments
- Ad hoc analysis as required by CFO / Head of FP&A (eg. ATOL information requests)
How the magic happens
FP&A is a highly valued business partner to the commercial teams. We collaborate with our colleagues in the broader Finance team and Data to produce truly insightful analyses, models and forecasts that the most senior parts of the organisation value highly. We enjoy a team lunch and a quiz or two!
- Have experience in a fast paced FP&A team
- Have strong excel skills
- Have experience of working with large data sets
- Have attention to detail, taking ownership for accuracy of output
- Experience communicating information to and working with non-finance stakeholder
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work effectively
- Be organised with good attention to detail
And you are…
- Keen to have real ownership
- Highly numerate
- Commercially aware and EBITDA focused
- Organised, with strong attention to detail
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
Things you should know
As well as our work from anywhere policy and hybrid working where colleagues come into the London office 1 day a week. We also have a work from anywhere policy where our colleagues can work from anywhere for up to 30 days a year!
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.