Secret Escapes are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing Experience Design team. If you have a love for crafting high quality, user centric solutions continue reading to find out how you can directly impact our members on their journey to booking their next holiday!
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the world’s leading members-only online travel deal company, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 60 million users worldwide across our family of brands.
Operating in 21 countries across Europe and Asia, Secret Escapes Group continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Founded in 2011, and following a number of acquisitions, we’ve doubled in size over the last 3 years and have a social-media following the size of a small country. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we’re good people (even if we do say so ourselves!)
Things you’ll be working on:
As a Product Designer at Secret Escapes you’ll be primarily focused on crafting high-quality user centric solutions that are informed and validated through user research.
What you’ll do
- Create and communicate design concepts for a variety of devices (web + native apps) through sketches, user flows, wireframes and prototypes, working iteratively and embracing lean principles
- Produce high-fidelity UI and interactive prototypes to articulate functionality and visual transitions
- Run user research and testing to validate designs
- Work closely with Product Managers to run workshops and explore solutions to meet user needs
- Collaborate with other designers to make sure designs are consistent and considered
- Showcase work to stakeholders to make sure designs fit with desired business outcomes
- Work closely with Engineers to bring designs to life and come up with creative solutions to technical constraints
- Contribute to building and evolving our design system
How the magic happens
The Product Design team at Secret Escapes is organised into software development squads oriented around customer, partner and internal user experiences. Typically, Product Designers are embedded within a cross functional development team, working with the PM and engineers on upstream user centred discoveries all the way through to UX and UI design for new and existing features. Although we work across different teams and locations we take every opportunity to get together, collaborate and keep our energy levels high
The Experience Design team is a passionate community of designers with broad capability, focused on creating engaging experiences that inspire the world to escape. To do this we’re constantly learning and developing the way we do things and deepening our knowledge of our craft. We work closely, sharing ideas and collaborating to elevate design solutions.
- You will have worked on digital products for both web and native apps
- You will have experience working in agile product teams on digital products and services
- You will have conducted both in-person and remote moderated and unmoderated user interviews and usability testing
- You will have mastered design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch and Invision
And you are…
As well as a strong portfolio showcasing your breadth of design work and processes, you are:
- Naturally curious and open minded, confident to challenge the status-quo in the pursuit of moving the dial from ‘good’ to ‘great’
- Highly collaborative and open to sharing seeking constructive critical feedback from early ideas to work-in progress concepts
- Multi-skilled, able to tackle user research and prototyping to showcase functionality just as confidently as turning your hand to and producing engaging and usable visual interfaces
- Comfortable working at pace in a dynamic environment whilst remaining highly detail oriented
- Adaptable and pragmatic, embracing constraints and trade-offs as part of your design process
- Passionate about the value of design and the impact it can have, advocating for lean and user-centered principles
- A clear communicator, that’s comfortable sharing and presenting
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
Please provide a link to your portfolio. Alternatively please upload your portfolio when you apply for the position