We are looking for a part qualified Management Accountant who is keen to continue their studies. We will be offering study support in order to be fully qualified.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer
As we continue to grow, we are pushing ourselves to produce ever more timely and accurate financial results to the Secret Escapes Group and external stakeholders.
An integral part of keeping our information flow up to date is derived from ensuring that all transactions are reconciled in our Netsuite accounting system in order to provide real-time reporting. In order to achieve this, we continue to review and improve processes with the aim of automating as much of the transactional processing as possible.
We also need to provide accurate financial analysis to answer questions from across the company to provide valued insight into our financial results and how other members of the Group can impact them.
Things you’ll be working on
- Month end close balance sheet reconciliations & preparation of revenue reconciliations
- Assisting in group statutory audit process and financial statement preparation
- Support cash function in posting and reconciliation of transactions and payments when required
- Collaborating with wider team members to drive efficiencies and identify improvements in financial systems and processes
- Analysing monthly variances on revenue and costs, providing insightful commentary
- Support the Finance Manager on ad-hoc project work and analysis
How the magic happens
We are a friendly team of about 50 people, spread over London, Berlin, Warsaw and Prague and covering finance, payments, legal, tax and fraud.
We cover most of the things with a financial or legal angle, including collecting money from customers and making sure staff, hotels, tour operators and suppliers get paid the right amount at the right time. We provide useful information to the business to enable us to make smart decisions and facilitate our expansion into new territories or products. Last but not least, it is our job to keep tax authorities, regulators, auditors, banks and those who give us credit happy.
The deal breakers
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Able to prioritise and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using excel to an intermediate/advanced level – including formulae, pivot tables and charts/graphs
- Relevant accounting experience in a similar role involved in the preparation of management accounts information
- Understanding of accounting principles and processes such as cost and revenue recognition
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
Beneficial but not essential
- Experience with Concur
- Experience with Netsuite
And you are...
- Keen to have real ownership
- Personable, able to form strong working relationships across the business
- Highly numerate with the ability to work through problems logically
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Eager to learn and progress in a finance role in an international company
- Part qualified and keen to continue your studies and gain a wide range of experience in a finance department
Things you should know
We are a friendly and diverse team. Be prepared for some terrible puns, fun nights out, random trivia moments and a much more modern approach to finance.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.