We're looking for hard working self starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
Assisting the growth of our Central & Eastern European and International teams by helping them craft the best possible deals
Making sure the Contracts Managers for these teams have the best possible feedback and insight to negotiate better deals
Monitoring performance and making sure we act quickly when deals are not meeting our expectations
Things you’ll be working on
- Researching and approving our hotel-only deals for our Central & Eastern European and International team
- Following performance once the offers are live and make improvement recommendations where necessary
- Analyse data and create reports to help our contracts managers negotiate great offers
- Liaise with our Planning & Trading,
How the magic happens
Commercial Performance is a relatively new team, specialising in optimising the quality of Secret Escapes hotel offers. There are ten of us in total (seven in London, two in Berlin and one in Zagreb) and we work really closely with our global contracting teams. We’re passionate about deals and want to make sure our members get the best.
- A strong understanding of what drives online performance and what makes people buy/book online
- Experience working in an online trading and/or commercial role
- Experience working closely with sales people/contracts managers
- A good knowledge of Excel (and being good with numbers) and Salesforce
- An understanding of the hotel and/or travel industry, or the flash-sale model, would be a plus
- Start-up experience would be a plus
- Fluent in English. German, a plus
And you are…
- Strongly commercial, with an eye for what will make our deals sell better
- Comfortable with data and able to make sense of them
- A strong communicator who can talk to people across a variety of departments (Contracting, Planning & Trading, Operations, Editorial…), and knows when to stand their ground and when to compromise
- Flexible, able to adapt and comfortable in a fast-paced and often-changing environment
Things you should know
We’re an international bunch -- six different nationalities in a team of just 10 people -- and our team meetings are a constellation of accents!
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.