We are a business that’s constantly growing and evolving, and we’re looking for motivated finance systems and a processes professional to join our central finance team as our first dedicated systems and controls focused colleague. This newly created role is designed to meet the growing size and complexity of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the finance team has the necessary day to day processes, procedures and controls in place to ensure that the SE finance team continue to deliver to a consistently high standard, against its goals, as the business grows.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
As a Process and Controls Manager / Consultant you will be responsible for developing the Group’s accounting manual and documenting key processes and policies, working closely with the finance teams to review and document existing processes. You will suggest improvements to current processes and procedures within the Finance Department to ensure they are appropriate for existing and future operational and control needs.
Things you’ll be working on
- Lead end-to-end process mapping and documentation of finance processes and controls.
- Working with the teams to design and implement improvements to existing finance processes and controls
- Create and manage documentation status and escalation points. Be the key point of contact for the CFO / FD in preparing effective and comprehensive documentation of all SE Finance tasks.
- Assist in building training plans, knowledge transfer plans and track progress against both.
- Review/perform QA of desktop procedures prepared by others.
- Support training of new employees on the finance processes and procedures.
How the magic happens
We’re a team of c.50 people based in 6 countries, all focused on ensuring the Secret Escapes Group continues to thrive and its Finance departments run as smoothly and as effectively as possible.
We strongly believe in everybody contributing ideas towards improvements and assisting in achieving our targets; every voice is important at Secret Escapes.
The deal breakers
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Knowledge (and, if possible, experience) of “best practice” processes in a Financial framework
- Fluent in English (any another foreign language would be beneficial)
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Experience in a similar position and in a dynamic multi-national environment is beneficial
And you are…
- A newly qualified accountant with a desire to gain wide-reaching and business impacting experience or an experienced systems and controls professional looking to create and shape a company’s internal controls environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Keen to learn new systems and understand and document complex work flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to forge relationships with professionals at all levels of seniority
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
Things you should know
We are a diverse team keen on making a difference and supporting a fast-growing business we’re passionate about. We also love holidays & country trivia, so that helps makes our particular job more interesting.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.