We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer with JVM experience (Java, Groovy) to join our London or Bristol based team.
Secret Escapes is a members-only flash sales business focused on inspirational travel trading in over 20 different countries. We are doubling the size of our tech team this year in order to power our mission to become the world’s best.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to plan, design and deliver changes to our web platform
- If you are applying as a senior, we expect you to mentor less experienced team members as part of our upskilling programme
- Have worked using agile methods and have a good grasp of lean software engineering principles
- Adept at Test Driven Development and comfortable with pair programming
- Good software engineering knowledge & skills: OO programming, MVC and clean architecture patterns, design patterns, SOLID design principles and clean code
- Experience of working with MySQL, MongoDB and Redis as well as AWS, Terraform and Ansible
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference
- You are comfortable with tackling complexity and you champion simplicity
- You appreciate that your code supports a business and care about how it will be used
- You are willing to explore new ideas and try out new tools
- You appreciate the opportunities and challenges of a distributed work environment
- You are solution focused with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- You can prioritise tasks and work independently
- You appreciate that there are always ways to do things better
Things you should know about us
Our web platform uses Groovy (Grails), Python 3.6, React, Typescript, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, Ansible, Terraform and more. Our processes are modern and forward thinking, we work in an agile way, follow TDD and deploy to production up to 7 times a day!
We are a multicultural team with our main offices in London, Berlin and Warsaw. However, we have a number of satellite offices including New York, Singapore and all over Europe. We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack and Google Hangouts and when we do get together in the same place we like to play pool, foosball and Playstation!
Continuous improvement is a key principle of the team and it's important that everyone is always improving both technically and professionally. The business provides opportunities to further their career and hone their skills through individual development plans, as well as a generous budget for training.
For more information about our tech team, take a look at our dedicated careers page here
We are an equal opportunity employer:
We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent, and have policies in place to ensure that every applicant and employee has the best chance to thrive here. We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.