We are looking for a highly motivated and professional travel enthusiasts to join our UK & US Team in London. You will be working directly with our senior contracts managers, supporting the sales team in developing the amazing deals we propose to our members. We expect a dynamic individual with excellent organization and time management skills, willing to expand the commercial know-how and a positive attitude. This role is initially a 6 month fixed term contract.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
- How do we enable our sales team to be even more productive
- How do we ensure we are consistently adding new hotels to our portfolio that our customers will love
Things you’ll be working on
- Supporting the Senior Contracts Manager in the handling of the workflow such as creating allocation sheets, solving price checking issues, researching business development opportunities for Contracts Managers to call
- Constantly improving our offers by evaluating products standards, monitoring performances and the competition
- Building and maintaining a relationship with hotel/suppliers
How the magic happens
The UK & US team is made up of a dynamic group of industry-leading talent, with colleagues from some of the global leading travel brands, hotels, and e-commerce companies. Working as a self-starter but also willing to dive in to offer a helping hand is how we roll! We offer great initiatives in driving both sales and collaboration such as weekends away, job swaps and even a branded cupcake or two!
- Experience in the Travel Industry (or keen interest) is preferable
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Willingness to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and quickly address and resolve issues
- Great communication skills and ability to independently build relationships with the suppliers and the other members of the team
- Team player used to work in an international environment
- Fluent English
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a bonus
And you are…
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work and an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ approach to business
- Enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and diligent with a high level of attention to detail
- A good collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team
Things you should know
Warning, working here could affect your ability to book an sub-standard hotel or holiday, you will be regularly visiting the London’s top hotels, so forget all you knew about those mundane hotels, you will never stay there again.
The UK/US sales team are a well-travelled bunch, so be prepared to trade off a list of recommendations on city hot spots!
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.