We’re a team of energetic people focused on ensuring our Partners are kept happy and our colleagues are kept aware of how and when payments happen whilst ensuring our operations are squeaky clean, smooth and effective. We have invested in some of the best financial software –NetSuite - and are starting to leverage this successfully to make our department (and therefore the whole company) slicker, faster and more transparent. We are always looking forward as well, we want people to contribute ideas towards improvements and help drive us towards achieving our targets.
Why we need you
We launched a new business offering and brand in April this year with new and sophisticated technology (Made in Holland) underpinning the offering. Since inception we have grown from strength to strength, increasing booking values and entering new territories (Seven territories already!) We are looking for an enthusiastic driven individual who will help the team manage this new and exciting area as well as refine, improve and execute our finance requirements.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve:
As Secret Escapes continues its rapid growth we are investing in systems and software to enable us to function as efficiently as possible. Whilst we grow and expand into new territories, we in Finance need to ensure all the business needs are catered for, our partners are paid, and every trip is taken care of whilst also fulfilling our financial reporting requirements. In Catalogue we are continually improving our own internal processes, ensuring everything we do is scalable and efficient.
Things you’ll be working on
- Multi-currency bank transaction, journals processing and bank reconciliation using Netsuite software
- Preparation of monthly VAT information
- Preparation of Intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly Accounts receivable reconciliation and analysis
- Data Reconciliation across multiple systems
- Assisting Finance Managers with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Liaising with other departments and subsidiaries on a range of issues, including our many teams around the world
- Work with Finance Managers to review process improvements opportunities and work with the team to implement them
- Support standard monthly timetable tasks and other ad-hoc processes
The deal breakers
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) preferred
- Great Excel skills (very good working knowledge of vlookup, sumifs and PivotTables is required)
- Fluent in English (any another foreign language would be beneficial)
- Experience in reconciling large volumes of data across multiple systems
- Experience in reconciling Supplier and/or Accounts receivable accounts
- Solid analytical and communication skills, with a keen eye for detail necessary
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records (NetSuite experience beneficial)
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Experience in a similar position and in a dynamic multi-national environment is beneficial
And you are…
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work autonomously and learn on the go
- Meticulous, organised
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Things you should know
Our team is very international: despite Finance being based in London, your colleagues hail from all around the World and most of the Catalogue team are based in Amsterdam!
Quit your gym membership: a few of us teach yoga and love to practice on their colleagues! Or maybe not… Brownies, cookies and assorted sweets from around the globe are ever-present with sugary goodness graciously shared within the team from all over Europe and beyond!
So, if you’re a hard-working, competitive and fun individual with a sweet tooth our team will be perfect for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.