We’re a very small team delivering high impact. We only work on the things that matter most and treat those projects with the care and attention they deserve. We work with stakeholders across the business so are as much a part of those project teams as we are our own team. We take personal responsibility for delivering on our projects, but we back each other up and share knowledge and skills within the team.
About the Strategy Team
Alongside our very important day to day activities at Secret Escapes, we also run we a variety of strategic initiatives. These initiatives are the things that we believe are most likely to create a step change in our business’ performance. They are typically cross-functional and have additional resource. The Strategy team are part of both selecting these initiatives and delivering them. This role focuses on the delivery.
Questions you will help answer
- How should we execute our strategic initiatives to maximise chances of success?
- Which milestones do we need to reach to deliver on these initiatives?
- What dependencies or potential blockers are there in the strategic initiatives? How can we address them?
- How do we assess the impact of these initiatives?
Things you’ll be working on
- Leading on specific initiatives, demonstrating best-in-class project management
- Ensuring all initiatives have clear RACIs in place and that key stakeholders receive regular updates
- Using a commercial mindset to provide analysis and insights to support other Project Leads
- Collating internal and external research to provide industry and competitor analysis
- Picking up ad-hoc strategic projects, such as analysis for M&A or partnerships
- Developing a broad understanding of the various business units in order to assist on cross-functional projects
The deal breakers
- Proven project management experience across matrix organisations
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Expert decision making and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills and gravitas
- Ability to apply a commercial mindset to any task
- Highly analytical
And you are …
- Willing and able to get your hands dirty and take responsibility
- Approachable and co-operative, a real team-player
- Able to set an inspiring example through personal delivery
- Determined to get the job done and able to flex your style to do so
- Comfortable working on projects in areas of the business that are new to you, and seeking out the experts to learn as quickly as possible
Things you should know
Louis has a family chicken that fought off a fox!
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.