Secret Escapes is looking to expand its Search team. It is an exciting time for the team and we’re looking for a motivated delivery-focussed addition to support the growth of Secret Escapes.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for hard working self-starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Head of Search, you will be a digital marketer with good knowledge of the main digital channels and a focus on Search Advertising. As our new PPC Manager, you will be responsible for the management of Secret Escapes’ search marketing campaigns for the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
Questions you will help answer OR problems we are trying to solve
- Supporting the UK, France, Italy and Spain from a marketing perspective, in line with the Operations team to ensure we meet overall business objectives
- Ensuring the day to day management and optimisation of Secret Escapes PPC (lead gen and search remarketing) campaigns across multiple territories are in line with marketing and business objectives. This includes, but is not limited to hitting CPL and CPA budget and ROAS targets and making improvement recommendations.
- Assist in various marketing tasks as required by management
Things you’ll be working on
- Work closely with the Head of Search to deliver and execute PPC roadmaps
- Manage UK PPC campaigns hands-on, ensuring monthly KPIs are achieved
- Manage and mentor the PPC Executive in charge of FR, IT and ES Search marketing campaigns
- Execute optimisation tactics on a weekly basis to improve PPC performance in UK and FR, IT, ES
- Structuring, editing and launching new campaigns in UK
- Executing ad copy and landing page A/B tests on a regular basis to drive higher efficiency
- Keyword research and competitor monitoring
- Communicating with different stakeholders and various teams
- Analysing large sets of data and proficient use of Excel
- Keep up to date with paid search best practices and industry research
- Support Head of Search in delivering Organic Search strategy and optimisation (dependent on profile)
How the magic happens
We’re an agile in-house team of Digital Marketers and we are looking to grow our team rapidly in the next few months. We work hard, achieve our monthly targets and celebrate a successful week on a Friday!
Our Marketing team is not afraid of heights or speed – we organise quarterly Marketing meetings that involve fun and challenging off-site activities like Go Ape and Go Karting!
The deal breakers
- Demonstrable track record of success managing Search Marketing Campaigns for e-commerce brand(s), either agency or in-house
- Hands-on PPC experience
- Experience and understanding of other digital and offline channels, especially hands-on and strategic SEO, is a plus
- An understanding and knowledge of the markets are key to ensure our marketing efforts are most efficient and best setup for success
- Previous management experience with 1 or more direct reports
- Project management experience of leading bigger projects that are delivered on time and budget and communicating with various stakeholders
- Strong experience of Google Analytics
- Experience with bidding tools (doubleclick, marin, etc.) a plus
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, with great business acumen and advanced level in using Excel
- Advanced understanding of tech marketing, eg implementing tracking/tagging (Google tag manager setup), testing, web feeds, scripts and troubleshooting
- Passion for technology, innovation and learning new things
And you are…
- Keen to take real ownership
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Results driven, yet light hearted and fun
- A positive thinker that sees the best in people and situations
- Flexible when the situation requires it
- Willing to collaborate and be a team player
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.