Secret Escapes are looking for a proven New York City Contract Manager based from our London office to strengthen our Amercian supply. We are keen to talk to people with a solid track record within the USA and particularly the New York hotel market who have existing and enviable relationships.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
- How do we ensure we are the first port of call our New York hotel partners turn too?
- How can we maximise our goal in capturing further market share within this key city?
- How do we continue to drive and improve a sales culture in the team?
- How do we grow our hotel partnerships and ensure we continue to offer the same level of competitor envying service?
Things you’ll be working on
- Identifying a pipeline of new and existing sales that offer a constant diversity of product mix across New York, from chain hotels to chic and boutique
- Making initial contact with potential suppliers to sell the Secret Escapes proposition
- Building relationships with new potential leads and converting into a key account
- Regularly reviewing competitor activity and focusing on converting hotel supply to feature on Secret Escapes
- Analysing the New York hotel marketplace to identify new opportunities such as newly opened hotels or new activity hotspots
- Using internal systems to manage call volumes, sales performance and lead status
- Present the global Secret Escapes value proposition and points of difference to prospect accounts.
How the magic happens
Secret Escapes is a dynamic group of industry-leading talent, with colleagues from some of the global leading travel brands, hotels, and e-commerce companies. Working as a self-starter but also willing to dive in to offer a helping hand is how we roll! We offer great initiatives in driving both sales and collaboration such as weekends away, job swaps and even a branded cupcake or two!
The deal breakers
- A proven track record within the New York market with existing and enviable direct hotel relationships
- Experience of negotiating at all levels (Directors of Revenue, Head Office etc)
- Excellent background in a target driven telephone and face to face sales environment
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work
- Willing to travel once a quarter on market visits, trade shows, etc.
And you are…
- An excellent Communicator
- Enthusiastic and driven
- In the detail
- Customer Focused
- Commercially Aware
- Strong organisational skills
- Actively interested in the travel and hotel market space with willingness to drive knowledge and understanding to aid sales conversion
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.