We are looking for an Account Manager to be based in the Dublin, where you will work closely with our London based teams and with the Pigsback.com team. Travel between the two offices will be required.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for hard working self-starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer
- How do we ensure we are the first port of call our hotel partners turn too?
- How can we maximise our goal in capturing market share in key cities?
- How do we grow our hotel partnerships and ensure we continue to offer the same level of competitor envying service?
Things you’ll be working on
Based in the Dublin office of our sister company Pigsback.com, you will work closely with our London based teams and with the Pigsback.com team where you will be working on…
- Identifying a pipeline of both new and existing sales that offer a constant diversity of product in a predefined territory, from country hotels and spas to chic and boutique in the city.
- Making initial contact with potential suppliers to sell the Secret Escapes proposition
- Building relationships with potential leads and building on existing client relations.
- Regularly reviewing competitor activity and focusing on converting supply to feature on Secret Escapes
- Staying close to the hotel marketplace to identify new opportunities such as newly opened hotels or new activity hotspots
- Using internal systems to manage call volumes, sales performance and lead status
- Working across multiple teams to ensure that content is produced and promoted in a timely and efficient way
- Be the point of contact for all Hotel partner communications and queries
- Actively interested in the travel and hotel market space with willingness to drive knowledge and understanding to aid sales conversion
- Present the Global Secret Escapes value and points of difference to prospect accounts in any given territory
How the magic happens
The team is made up of a dynamic group of industry leading talent, with colleagues from some of the global leading travel brands, hotels, and e-commerce companies. Working as a self-starter but also willing to dive in to offer a helping hand is how we roll! We offer great initiatives in driving both sales and collaboration such as, weekends away, job swaps and even a branded cupcake or two!
The deal breakers
- Experience of negotiating (ideally in the travel industry but not essential)
- Excellent back ground in a target driven telephone and face to face sales environment
- Good knowledge of the hotel and holiday markets
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Boundless energy and commitment to your work
- Willingness to jump in a car or train and visit key partners and source new one’s
- Regular travel to the London Head Office for training and planning meetings
- Full Irish Driving Licence (if Dublin based)
- Fluent English speaker
And you are…
- An excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic and driven
- In the detail
- Customer focused
- Commercially aware
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong team player
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.