We’re looking for an Interaction Designer who can move quickly, but also takes the time to create broad, innovative ideas. You’ll work within the design team alongside Front End Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Managers, contributing to product direction with data driven user-centric solutions.
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members‐only website that runs best‐in‐market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
Launched in February 2011 and founded by Alex Saint and Tom Valentine, the company works with its leading hotel, tour operator and travel agent partners to negotiate outstanding rates for over 50 million members globally.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand. We also have fun parties and don't have to wear uncomfortable suits to work.
How the magic happens
The technology team is a mix of web developers, mobile developers and designers working closely together across 5 locations; London, Berlin,Bristol, Poznan (Poland) and Skopje (Macedonia). We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack,Google Hangouts and Team Viewer and when we do get together in the same place we like to play pool or ping pong and gather round the Playstation.
What you will be working on
- Help us to bridge business goals with user goals, gaining a deep understanding of the business, the users, and context in which they operate in order to differentiate us from our competitors
- Using research to help define user stories, generate and accumulate ideas from your team and stakeholders in order to create a shared understanding and find the best solutions
- Help to define UX measurements and benchmarks to make sure that our product is continually improving
- Creating rapid prototypes and tweaking designs for usability , A/B and MVT testing, revealing flaws early and finding the most important issues to focus your efforts
- Partner with PMs, engineers and stakeholders to oversee the user experience from conception to launch
- Wire-framing component interaction as part of our design system as we look to create and solidify design standards within the organisation
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
And you have
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Must have portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end UX and UI design
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience with mobile application design and development
- Advanced skills in HTML, CSS
- Experiences in prototyping with multiple tools ie Axure
- Expert skills with UI tools such as Figma/Sketch
For more info on the tech team and a look behind the scenes, check out the tech careers page here
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.