About Second Stage
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
The Second Stage Theater General Management department is seeking a full time Company Manager for its Fall 2021 production of Letters of Suresh by Rajiv Joseph. The Company Manager will support all administrative activities for the production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support General Management department in tracking, drafting, executing and filing actor contracts
- Maintain contact information for agents, cast and designers
- Process new-hire paperwork and weekly payroll for company members and remit Dues, Pension and Health Reports to Finance Department and the appropriate unions
- Working with Associate General Manager, track fees for designers, assistants, playwrights and directors
- Track and manage Company Management and payroll lines within the Production budget
- Arrange travel and temporary local housing for out-of-town artists
- Arrange meet & greets and other company events
- Create/gather copy for Playbill, circulating for approval and maintaining bi-weekly
- Obtain and distribute Opening Night Gifts
- Manage transportation arrangements for cast to various functions
- Manage company/house ticket requests including production related seats at previews and comp reconciliation reports
- Participate in strategies on ticket availability, house size and efforts to fill the house as necessary
- Manage general production concierge requirements, including emergency health and wellness appointments
- Cover all rehearsals and performances during the run at the Tony Kiser Theater; serve as Second Stage’s liaison with cast and crew at all rehearsals and performances
- Additional duties as assigned
Skill & Qualifications
- At least one year of Company Management or experience in a General Management office required
- Attention to detail, a positive spirit and a sense of humor
- Ability to problem-solve and facilitate solutions to issues
- Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent decision-making skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience with Tessitura helpful
This is a full-time, temporary position. The contract period runs from approximately August 1, 2021 to November 7, 2021 with core hours Tuesday through Sunday. The Company Manager will be required to be onsite on evenings and weekends, by nature of Second Stage’s performance and events schedule.
Compensation: $23.08 per hour/$923.08 per week
This position is considered Non-Exempt for purposes of federal wage-hour law, and will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked more than 40 in a given workweek.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.