About Second Stage
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
Second Stage Theater is seeking a Special Events Associate to provide general and specialized support to the Special Events team. As a core member of the Development Department reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Associate will assist the team in securing funds to support the organization’s award-winning artistic programming. They will assist in the planning and execution of all fundraising events, including the annual Gala, All-Star Bowling Classic, and Spring/Summer benefit, as well as all Opening Nights, donor cultivation events, and private Board events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gift processing and acknowledgements for all Special Events related gifts
- Maintaining all Special Events invite lists, RSVPs, follow-up, and confirmations
- Representing the Development Department at fundraising and cultivation events
- Corresponding and maintaining relationships with Board members and high-level donors
- Helping maintain Development relationships with Second Stage artistic alumni
- Drafting solicitation materials for in-kind donations and sponsorship prospects
- Working with Marketing to generate print materials for fundraising events
- Researching event attendees and sponsors
- Researching new event venues and vendors
- Brainstorming and facilitating new fundraising opportunities
- Managing event supply needs
- In coordination with the Director of Special Events, organizing solicitation efforts, performance ticketing, and auctions
Skills & Qualifications
- 1 year of internship or professional experience in fundraising, preferably in events and/or non-profit
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to exercise good judgement and decorum in all interactions
- A positive attitude, concern for other people and community, presence, self-confidence, and the ability to listen
- Excellent time management skills along with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency with technology tools and applications including Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of non-profit database software including Tessitura strongly preferred
- Some evening and weekend hours required
Compensation: Base salary starting at $40,000 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.