ABOUT SECOND STAGE THEATER
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
The Director, Database & Technology (Director) will provide leadership for the organization in their use of the Tessitura CRM software and oversight of Information Technology. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and will be a vital member of the organization in ensuring proper utilization and growth of data-driven initiatives, and will interact closely with all departments, including Ticketing, Development, Marketing, and Finance in establishing best-practices for effective uses of the software.
This position will lead all Tessitura efforts throughout the organization and act as the Technology point person for configuration, customization, integration, reporting and ad hoc requests. They will develop and execute roadmaps that include enhancements to functions and integrations, regular maintenance such as upgrades and patches, training and supporting users in all roles, cleansing and audits, developing tests strategies, minimizing downtime due to planned and unplanned maintenance, and managing contracts and relationships with suppliers of the systems.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DATABASE & WEB
- Create tables, functions, triggers, views for business functions and reporting using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS); Create, modify, and troubleshoot SQL Server jobs.
- Create custom reports and modify existing reports according to business needs in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and InfoMaker
- Research, plan, project manage and troubleshoot Tessitura upgrades, including leading planning for use of new features, creating testing plans and staff training as necessary
- Facilitate generation of lists, advanced data extractions, custom reports and ad hoc queries
- Investigate and address support issues concerning Tessitura RAMP application, Vantiv/Worldpay CC processing, NSCAN, and hardware.
- Manage third party application integrations with Tessitura, including website, bulk email platforms (Wordfly) and wealth screening applications such as Wealth Engine and iWave.
- Oversee TN Express Web (TNEW) application and all web customizations
- Oversee third-party data imports and act as a liaison with rental clients
- Update system tables as necessary
- Work with Tessitura Support staff and consultants to troubleshoot database issues and maintain and update customizations to the Second Stage environment
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and practices in the use of Tessitura and advise organization regarding changes and enhancements that will improve operations
- Ensure the technology infrastructure and systems are effective, reliable, and appropriate for the current business and for future growth
- Oversee third-party Managed Service Provider (MSP).
- Maintain inventory of all Database/IT hardware/software assets including warranty and licensing renewals
- Maintain cloud servers (Azure), security solutions, network both wired and wireless hardware, software and other related equipment
- Work with MSP to maintain file backups and restore processes, ensuring that mission critical files, applications and systems are regularly backed up and secure
- Assures compliance with regulatory standards and software licensing
- Manage Second Stage’s telecommunications and internet service provider contracts
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Oversee financial aspects for Database and IT departmental expenses, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Work with department heads to develop organizational training programs for new hire and existing employees geared to develop multiple “power users” and inform users of updates and new features in future versions
- Consult with all departments, gathering user requirements for new initiatives and business process, and recommend best use of Tessitura to support these initiatives
- Triage support issues to determine the appropriate actions for resolution or escalation and ensure the quality of the result
- Proactively review, collaborate, and evaluate impact of changes to the software due to process changes, new releases
- Monitor existing technical processes to identify active and potential issues
- Support the accurate collection and analysis of data from across the organization
- Maintain and monitor style guides and standardization for data entry, verifying the accuracy of system data and monitoring resolution of data faults and errors
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in System Administration or comparable professional experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with progressive responsibilities as an advanced Tessitura user, working directly with end users
- Off-hours and weekend support availability
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Reporting Services, writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience managing multiple SaaS productivity systems, IIS Server administration, and system networking
- Familiarity with other components in the Tessitura ecosystem such as the RAMP environment, NSCAN, Print-at-Home, HTML templates, mobile ticketing, Tessitura Analytics, and TNEW
Compensation: compensation commensurate with experience
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.