A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
In 2021, Genius Sports acquired Second Spectrum, a world leader in optical tracking and video augmentation technology. Powered by an incredibly driven and ambitious team of engineers, Second Spectrum is the number one tech to work on if you’re interested in machine learning, artificial intelligence or development engineering in sports.
Remote Front-end Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior software engineer with development experience to build upon and improve web applications that run, configure, and visualize our AI-based sports analytics system. The Systems Group is at the intersection of computer vision, data/AI, and software data delivery. The group ensures machine learning and computer vision algorithms run efficiently for real-time delivery of thousands of sporting events every year. We provide a robust execution framework and user interface features for an increasingly-autonomous software product.
Responsibilities & duties
- Develop React applications that power the execution of our Computer Vision-based tracking system.
- Contribute to multiple layers of our stack, from our web front-end, backend api’s, and databases
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts, and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Server-side: Elixir/Phoenix, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Node, Rust, Golang, Pulsar
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Linux, Grafana, Prometheus, Loki.
- Revision Control: Git
Required skills & experience
- 3-5+ years’ experience with front-end software engineering
- Experience with two of: 1) TypeScript/Node/React, 2) SQL
- Software engineering experience: modern software development practices and tools, distributed systems, database systems, performance tuning
- Strong appetite for learning and working with technologies used by other engineering teams within the company
- Performance analysis and monitoring
- Ability to lead technical discussions and feature prioritization
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience, with strong software engineering components
What sets you apart
- Expertise with the Elixir packages for server-side development: Phoenix, Ecto, ex-aws
- Experience with full stack development, including front-end in React.js, TypeScript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experimentation or production experience in Rust
- Experience with database design and normalization
- Experience with load balancing, cookie, and session management
- Prior leadership responsibilities, including deploys and release management with technical and non-technical staff
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.