About the Role
We are looking for a Customer Success Sales Engineer based in Japan in a permanent role. You’ll be passionate about being an evangelist of the world’s most advanced AI technologies which could make disruptive improvements in automotive development processes, being a technical representative of the company in Japan making sure of customers’ success by bridging technical, time and cultural gaps.
Secondmind technologies are developed by world-class AI researchers, and our cutting-edge AI technologies have been recognised by multiple global companies, including Mazda who have announced a strategic partnership with us to improve efficiency of engine development processes. If you're interested in being one of the first to implement probabilistic modeling - the next AI technologies beyond deep learning - into the Automotive manufacturing process, we'd love to hear from you.
What will you be responsible for?
- Providing first-line technical support for customers in Japan in post-sale projects
- Coordinating communication between customers' engineers in Japan running our system and the English-speaking operations and development team and project manager in the UK, for example with requirement changes and support issues
- Contributing to ongoing product development (i.e. writing Python code)
Responsibility in mid-long term
- Managing technical communications with external customers in Japan for both pre-sales phase and post-sales phase.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how our products and services will meet customers' needs.
- Understanding and interpreting customers' technical requirements
- Collaborating with sales and other colleagues in UK to make proposals and to close contracts.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both Japanese and English languages
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience (experience with Python is advantage)
- Some experience with kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Keen ability to self organise and keep others on track and aligned.
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic skills
Great to have
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the Automotive industry
- Broad understanding of AI technologies
We are Secondmind, born in 2016, with a mission: to empower people to make better decisions. We are a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers based in Cambridge, UK, a global centre of AI excellence. Through combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before, our integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of talented people from all over the globe is collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We are on a mission to empower people to make better decisions. Because people powered by AI, make better decisions.
Competitive salary, depending on experience.
Please also see our Candidate Privacy Notice.