We’re in search of an accomplished Head of Product Management with B2B SaaS start-up or scale-up experience to play a lead role in defining and finding product-market fit for Secondmind solutions. The ideal candidate is someone with a product-centric mindset who is adept at pulling together complex ideas from a cross-functional team of bright people and turning them into scalable and repeatable products that deliver value to our customers. This leadership role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Define product strategy and develop an ambitious but achievable product roadmap and product-centric culture focused on customer value and outcomes
- Lead and mentor a team to be exceptional product managers who inspire and evangelize product vision across the company.
- Partner with UX design, research, data science, software and machine learning engineering, and customer success teams to align and execute against product strategy.
- Understand the competitive landscape and leverage knowledge to drive differentiation into Secondmind products.
- Collaborate with product marketing to ensure competitive positioning and value propositions are clearly communicated and resonate with customers and other key stakeholders.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative rationale, including ongoing customer engagements and user research.
- Partner closely with business development to identify and engage with ecosystem and channel partners to execute on whole-product strategy.
- Technical strengths in modern cloud-based stacks including data analytics, machine learning, and scaled deployment to enterprises.
- Technical knowledge to drive internal decision-making within software engineering organisations.
- Comfortable and adept at working in an agile development environment and guiding the product development team to augment and adapt processes as needed.
- Understand and communicate use case benefits of applied research to help shepherd promising machine learning technology from proof of concept to commercial application.
- Think outside the box to resolve technical issues and resource conflicts, and quickly assess risk and reward of new opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- 10+ years of experience in software product management, ideally in automotive or AI and machine learning platforms.
- Demonstrable experience defining, developing and deploying successful business-to-business SaaS, AIaaS or PaaS platform-based products.
- Proven ability to successfully enter new markets with early-stage software proofs of concept and prototypes.
- Experience working within startup, scale-up and well established enterprises and successfully guiding a company through these life cycle stages.
- Strong technical and business acumen.
- Excellent leadership, management and mentoring skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
Founded in 2016 with a mission to enable better decision making, Secondmind is a world-class team of researchers, data scientists, engineers and product managers who apply years of award-winning, practical machine learning research to real-world problems.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of talented people from all over the globe is collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
Secondmind is based in Cambridge, UK, a global centre of AI and machine learning excellence, and backed by leading venture funds including Amadeus Capital, Atlantic Bridge, and Cambridge Innovation Capital, among others.
What we’ll offer you
- Competitive salary relative to experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package
Please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.