About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the forefront of artificial intelligence and applied machine learning. At Secondmind we’re developing technologies that can be used across many different domains to enable people to make better decisions.
You will be working in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary teams delivering customer value through the development and refinement of cutting edge ML tools, and the application of these tools to customer problems.
You will be developing our machine learning technologies and guiding their application within customer engagements to deliver completely new solutions in transportation and logistics, the automotive industry and beyond. This means lots of variety and involves working within client projects and internal product development. Your work will be directly used and built upon in our products.
What will you be responsible for?
- Applying research methodology to real world problems - bridging the gap between applied customer problems and highly technical simulation models
- Analysing and visualising data, and preparing for use by research and engineering colleagues
- Deploy state of the art data processing tools and work to develop automated data workflows
- Develop and maintain data structures within databases and high performance file systems
- Develop scripts and software for data processing in production
- Continuously develop your own engineering skills and help others to improve theirs
- Stakeholder engagement and interaction - identify value in future product development
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
We’re looking for a passionate and pragmatic senior data scientist who has experience of looking at the direct application of real world insights. You will be able to work conceptually to solve problems and work cross functionally with a variety of technical stakeholders first internally but going forward also amongst our customer base. You will be able to quickly pick up new domain areas to be able to identify areas of value and interest for our customers.
Your technical skills include:
- Working knowledge of a programming language, preferably Python; working knowledge of multiple languages beneficial
- Experience in statistical models and/or Machine learning
- Experience of real world data sets
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Great to have
- client facing experience ideally in a consultancy type role
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases
- Experience in working with financial and/or logistics data is a bonus
We are Secondmind, born in 2016, with a mission: to empower people to make better decisions. We are a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers based in Cambridge, UK, a global centre of AI excellence. Through combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before, our integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of approximately 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of over 20 different nationalities. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We are on a mission to empower people to make better decisions. Because people powered by AI, make better decisions.
Competitive salary, depending on experience. Stock options and comprehensive benefits