We are looking for an accomplished and resourceful Product Designer to join our growing UX team. Working closely with our developers, product managers, and in-house data scientists, and together with our highly talented researchers, we aim to become the makers, doers and thought leaders of bridging the gap between people and AI for better decision making.
- Degree in Product design or User Experience or related field.
- Significant experience of working in a Product Design (digital software) or similar UX role.
- Strong portfolio on digital product design projects.
- Experience working with empowered cross-functional product teams in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in design, (Figma), issue tracking and project management software (JIRA).
- Experience with Github and knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
Your main responsibilities
- Promote user-centred thinking within the company and sponsor and evangelize new ideas to get buy in. Play a key role in influencing and shaping our product vision; bringing understanding and insight from customer research and new technologies developed in house into product implementation.
- Work closely with User Researchers, Technical Research team, and Product Managers to create, explore and evaluate product ideas; balancing time and effort between design requirements (what) and design execution (how).
- Refine and improve the usability, usage and engagement of existing solutions through frequent rounds of user testing, measurement, analysis and iteration.
- Explore a range of possible solution ideas with the team; seeking fast and frequent user feedback and validation through the creation of low-fidelity designs and HiFi prototypes.
- Co-authoring and scaling our internal Secondmind Design Systems.
What makes you successful in this role:
- Design mindset in complex systems:
- Ability to innovate and create intuitive, user-friendly software.
- Capacity to think outside the box and your comfort zone. The ability to be comfortable with, and embrace ambiguity.
- Product mindset, always thinking design solutions in a larger context and evolution.
- Systems thinking, willingness to embrace complexity in MVP solutions.
- Compelling presentation, facilitation and storytelling skills.
- Some experience working in both B2B and B2C roles.
- User insights:
- Experience with end-to-end user journeys.
- Keen instincts on users’ needs and how to respond to user insight.
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team:
- Experience of being a team player and someone who acts in the best interests of the user, business and team before themself.
- Self-awareness, knowing when to take charge and when to ask for support.
- Experience in driving projects from discovery to delivery could be something that will make you successful.
- Ability to form effective working relationships based on mutual trust and respect, with developers, product managers, account managers and customers.
- Team ethos, focusing on collective outcomes.
- Flexible and adaptable to company challenges and changes.
- The desire to continually learn new things, develop their skill-set and evolve as a designer.
**Please include a link to your portfolio**
Headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are Secondmind, born in 2016 with a mission: to empower people to make better decisions. We are a cross disciplinary team of researchers, engineers, and product managers based in Cambridge, UK, a global centre of AI excellence. Through combining branches of mathematics, and engineering in ways that have never been done before, our integrated approach - and our industry leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of approximately 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of over 20 nationalities. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.
We are on a mission to empower people to make better decisions. Because people powered by AI, make better decisions.
We offer flexible working opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes company stock options, healthcare, and a variety of other wellbeing options.