Second Measure is a secret weapon for our clients. Our data drives their core strategic decisions — how to invest multi-billion-dollar portfolios, how to allocate nine-figure marketing budgets, and how to prioritize large partnerships and acquisitions.
Through our self-service platform, our clients get instant visibility into any consumer company — how quickly they’re growing, whether they’re gaining or losing share in key markets, how well they retain customers, how much those customers spend over their lifetime, and even where else those customers shop.
This is game-changing data they have never seen before.
We’re looking for an experienced business development professional to help us build a massive subscription business supporting the world’s largest hedge funds, PE funds, VCs, and asset managers. You’ll also play a critical role in enabling the success of a fast-growing and well-funded technology startup.
In a given week, you might:
- Close, in-person, a six-figure deal with a top-tier asset manager.
- Show a private equity investor something they don’t know about their own portfolio company — something they thought wasn’t possible to know.
- Work directly with our executive team to develop a pricing strategy for a key new product feature.
In this role, you’ll:
- Close new clients on annual subscriptions. Navigate complex organizations to achieve buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and present tailored pitches to portfolio managers and investment teams.
- Participate in revenue strategy, including targeting, price-tiering, and pipeline strategy. Develop and define a scalable sales process.
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of Second Measure’s product and data.
- You have 4+ yrs experience in equity research, investment banking, or institutional sales.
- You have proven success selling services, research, or software products to portfolio managers and investment teams.
- You can effectively communicate analytical work to investors and might have formal training in analytics.
- You would thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment. Experience at a fast-growing software company a plus.
- You can travel domestically—roughly 20%
Working at Second Measure:
- Flexible work from home and paid time off policies
- Medical, dental and vision benefits; plus a generous parental leave policy (up to 12 weeks paid leave, up to 1 year total leave)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits