Data from Second Measure drives core strategic decisions for our clients: how to invest multi-billion dollar portfolios, how to allocate nine-figure marketing budgets, and how to prioritize large partnerships and acquisitions.
Through our self-service platform, our clients get instant visibility into any consumer company — how quickly they’re growing, whether they’re gaining or losing share in key markets, how well they retain customers, how much those customers spend over their lifetime, and even where else those customers shop.
This is game-changing data they have never seen before. However, a lot of work goes into making it both useful and accurate.
We’re looking for a data scientist to join our Quality team — a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists and engineers focused on systematic data ingestion, enrichment, and normalization. We build the methods and systems that take in raw data — e.g., billions of credit card transactions — and make it clean and representative of the real world.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build the ingestion, normalization, and enrichment systems for behavioral datasets comprising billions to trillions of events.
- Find novel sources of ground truth.
- Identify, measure, and develop corrections for systemic biases.
- Lead and/or participate in method reviews.
- Evaluate new datasets from first principles.
- You have a PhD in a quantitative discipline and/or years of experience as a data scientist.
- You’re an expert in applied statistics and/or machine learning.
- You’re proficient in statistical computing.
- You have expertise in panel data, behavioral analysis, text processing, geolocation, and/or time series analysis.
- You have experience in large-scale, data-rich environments.
- You’ve built things with Python/Scala, Spark, Jupyter, Redshift/Hive, Athena/Presto, GPUs/TPUs, and/or D3 (and related).
Note: if you feel that you might be a good fit for multiple data science roles, please only apply to one—we’ll evaluate your submission for all open roles. Thanks!